Re: MIT Kerberos Support

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 20:55 -0600, ddmayne@xmission.com wrote:
> I am not using Debian, but I would like to use your package with the
> modified version of Slackware 13.1 that I have been working on. I have
> two questions:
>
> 1. Does your package compile if I am using the MIT version of kerberos?

I myself have not heavily used the Kerberos code but in principle most
Kerberos libraries should work. I guess that if the LDAP library
supports the Kerberos library most things will work. nss-pam-ldapd only
does a call to gss_krb5_ccache_name() if it is available and otherwise
uses the SASL interface.

> 2. Does your package allow setting the location of gssapi/kerberos
> package as a "configure" directive (as shown below)?
>
> I am asking because some other packages that I have compiled allow
> setting a "configure" variable to note the location of the kerberos
> package.
> For example, when I compiled cyrus-sasl, I had to set the options as
> shown here:
> ./configure \
>    --prefix=/usr \
>    --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
>    --with-plugindir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/sasl2 \
>    --with-configdir=/etc/sasl2 \
>    --sysconfdir=/etc \
>    --localstatedir=/var \
>    --disable-static \
>    --enable-login \
>    --enable-gssapi=/usr/kerberos \
>    --with-gss_impl=mit \

Configure currently only allows you to pass --{en,dis}able-sasl  and
--{en,dis}able-kerberos. I think you need to do other tricks with

./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/include/path/to/add" LDFLAGS="-L/lib/path/to/add"

If anyone can come up with a way to better handle other GSSAPI/Kerberos
implementations feel free to provide input.