Re: Problem with case filtering in nss-pam-ldapd

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 16:46 +0100, Klaus Steinberger wrote:
> So what I like to have is to have this filtering configurable in nslcd.conf,
> so
> we can switch it off. I think this should be easy to implement. What do you
> think?

It shouldn't be too hard. The change that originally implemented the
case-sensitive filtering should provide some pointers on what to modify:
  http://arthurdejong.org/viewvc/nss-pam-ldapd?revision=934&view=revision

Note however that disabling this filter is a security risk as described
here:
  http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/news2009#20091122

I would welcome a patch that implements a configuration option for this
though.

Kind regards,