Re: Mapping attributes in nslcd.conf

In my configuration, we don't have a gid value for users either.  The
string representation of their group is obtained by the system looking
up the gid (either in /etc/group or via LDAP, if you're using LDAP for
groups).  Try using "getent group <gidNumber>" to see if your host is
properly looking up groups via LDAP.

David