Re: Map limit to map base option

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 14:24 +0530, Vinay Kalkoti wrote:
> I am using "base group" to map group principals.
>
> When I added 8th principal mapping, I get an error when I try to start
> nslcd.
>
> Why is this restriction of 7 mappings only ?

It's the 7 should be enough for anybody rule ;)

Anyway, a simple fixed-length array is used. For most configurations I
expected this to be enough. Do you have another upper bound that is more
reasonable?

Changing it is easily by setting NSS_LDAP_CONFIG_MAX_BASES in
nslcd/cfg.h.

Note that for each configured base a new search is started so it could
be that specifying a single top-level base can be more efficient than
several sub-level search bases.