question about user authentication and authorization in nss-ldapd -> nslcd -> slapd

question about user authentication and authorization in nss-ldapd -> nslcd -> slapd

Hi all,

Recently I'm playing nss-ldapd + nslcd + slapd + kerberos to implement SSO,
I'm confused about the authentication and authorization parts.

(1) user process calls nslcd by nss-ldapd library,  nslcd knows uid and gid from
     the UNIX domain socket;
    (I guess there is no GSSAPI authentication between user process and nslcd)

(2) nslcd authenticates to slapd by GSSAPI, nslcd thinks the client is nslcd's
     Kerberos principal, such as "host/HOSTNAME@REALM".

My questions:

a.  slapd can't authenticate users directly by GSSAPI, so slapd can't
limit authorization
     based on users' Kerberos principal names, right?
/etc/nslcd.conf can specify authzid
     for nslcd, but that's fixed, can't change according to requesting user.

b. I heard there is a rebind on nslcd to slapd, I setup userA on
kerberos and slapd
    (uid=userA,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com) , then I run "kinit" as userA, then
    "getent passwd", but I don't see nslcd tries to rebind as userA. why?

c. the uid and gid is provided by nslcd to slapd,  how can slapd to
avoid malicious nslcd
    to provide "uid=0,gid=0" to slapd for a normal user?

d. I only installed nss-ldapd + nslcd, not pam-ldapd because I already
have pam-krb5,
    I find "chsh" complains the user isn't in /etc/passwd, seems it
doesn't look into slapd,
    how can I make chsh LDAP-aware?

Regards,
Yubao Liu