Re: use_sasl not fully supported

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 21:16 +0200, Mark Pröhl wrote:
> I am currently testing on RHEL 6.3 (nslcd Version 0.7.5) with
> SASL/GSSAPI and notice the warning "option use_sasl is currently not
> fully supported (please report any successes)".
>
> In my tests I did not see any problems. However I would like to ask if
> there are any known issues with this setup.

0.7.5 is pretty old but I think Red Hat backported most fixes from the
0.7 branch. If you have a choice, a later 0.7 or 0.8 release will likely
include more fixes.

In 0.7.7 some SASL-related changes ended up in nss-pam-ldapd but I don't
think it contained major changes so it could work with earlier versions
(though the use_sasl option is required while in later versions the use
of sasl_mech implies the use of SASL).

I don't think many fundamental SASL-related changes have been made since
0.7.7.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --