Re: Naming service daemon check is extremely chatty

Re: Naming service daemon check is extremely chatty

On Thu, 28 Aug, 2014 at 6:06 , Subu Ayyagari <subu.ayyagari@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone please ?

Is use of 'nslcd -c' prohibited ?

If there are a 100 accounts allowed tfor hostaccess, the nslcd check actually queries for each of the 100+ accounts before it gives out a success. This type of monitoring would be detrimental.

Thoughts ?

I think it's only supposed to check the pidfile, and then quit.

If it's speaking to nscd, it's doing that because of an nsswitch configuration. For me it does a total of one lookup (it's own hostname) through nscd.

It's probably triggered by cfg_init(), which you can probably move to after 'if (nslcd_checkonly)' in nslcd/nslcd.c.