memberUid mappings in AD

Hi
Is there a way to map the AD 'member' attribute to rfc2307 'memberUid'?

e.g.
In AD I already have this:
member: cn=steve2,cn=Users, DC=hh3,DC=site
member: cn=peterm7,cn=Users, DC=hh3,DC=site

To which I then must add this:
memberUid: steve2
memberUid: peterm7

Which is a pain when the info is already there in the directory. I need a way of cutting out the 'cn=' *

BTW this is Samba4 AD to which I have added the posixGroup object and gidNumber attribute which nss-ldapd map perfectly.

Thanks,
Steve

*
I can grep and cut to get at the bit I want:
attr=$(grep member | cut -d ":" -f2 | cut -d "=" -f2 | cut -d "," -f1)

I just don't know how to incorporate it into /etc/nslcd.conf like
map group memberUid attr