Re: problems with nslcd

Patrick,

What are you using to expire accounts?  The ppolicy overlay, manual expiry,
etc?  With respect to ppolicy, which I
myself use, yes, there is an issue that prevents ppolicy-based account expiry
warnings from being displayed on the
clients.  Specifically, there is no support in the nss-pam-ldapd packages
(nslcd included) for sending ppolicy controls
with the bind requests, which means that OpenLDAP will not respond with the
pwdExpireWarning message.  See this thread
for additional details on that issue:
http://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/2010/msg00179.html

I'm not sure what mechanism you're using, though, and your original question
lacks a lot of the technical details of
your implementation.  Could you please give us a bit more detailed description
of your setup, and any relevant
observations (including log messages) that you have made that might be of use
when analyzing your issue?

Thanks,
Ryan