Re: groupOfNames not working

Well It's working now, but I'm a bit unclear on the logic.

When the following option is in my nslcd.conf file I get only a list of group
names returned when testing with the 'getent group' command.

map group memberUid member

When I change this to:

map group uniqueMember member

everything works as expected and 'getent group' returns the group names and all
members of that group.

This seems odd to me since the posixGroup objectclass typically uses memberUid
not uniqueMember. The groupOfUniqueNames objectclass (which I am NOT using)
typically uses uniqueMember. I am/was trying to migrate from posixGroup to
groupOfNames therefore I was under the impression that I should map memberUid
to member NOT uniqueMember to member.

The bottom line is that it is working now. In the course of my troubleshooting
I installed both version 0.7.13 and 0.8.3. Currently 0.8.3 is installed. Are
there any issues I should be aware of or amy reason I should switch back to
0.7.13 ?

Thanks