Re: active directory integration with ldap

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 17:22 +0000, Hatzopoulos, Nikolaos wrote:
> So I have a centos 5 vm that it is connected to the active directory
> through samba and windbind. And I was thinking to setup an ldap server
> on the same vm that it would integrate the Active Directory to my LDAP
> server is that possible through nss-pam-ldap module? any ideas how I
> can make this connection?

You should be able to replicate information from Active Directory into
an OpenLDAP server. You don't need nss-pam-ldapd for that. Discussion on
such configurations is perhaps better suited for the openldap-technical
mailinglist.

You can use nss-pam-ldapd to expose user information from Active
Directory, similarly to what winbind does.

From your email it is not exactly clear what goal you have.