Re: DNS SRV Records and ldaps

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 10:29:25PM -0400, Matthew Roy wrote:
> Does this need to be addressed in OpenLDAP first? (perhaps adding a
> sister method to ldap_domain2hostlist, ldaps_domain2hostlist)

I think this would be technically the best solution because
ldap_domain2hostlist currently hardcodes the "service" part of the DNS
query to "ldap".

They could perhaps add even a ldap_domain_service2hostlist that would
allow you to specify the service with ldap{,s}_domain2hostlist as a very
thin wrapper.