Re: nss-pam-ldapd dependencies question

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 01:53:06PM +0200, Moisés Barba Pérez wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>       I was wondering if it is need to have instaled nss_ldap to compile the
>    package or to use it.

No, nss-pam-ldapd and nss_ldap are two different projects. You don't
need the one to compile or use the other.

> In the fedora package says:
>
>    "
>    Obsoletes:    nss-ldapd < 0.7
>    Provides:    nss-ldapd = %{version}-%{release}
>    "

IIRC, nss-pam-ldapd used to be called nss-ldapd in the past. The package
was renamed (see also Red Hat Bugzilla #555121) and the Obsoletes/Provides
directives are kept in the specfile for correct upgrades.

>       I think I could be forgetting some dependency when I install the
>    compiled rpm package for nss-pam-ldapd 0.7.13 version or doing something
>    wrong because i haven't installed nss-ldap package.

If you're having some problems with nss-pam-ldapd, they are definitely
caused by something else.