nslcd threads and connections: 5 too many?

nslcd threads and connections: 5 too many?

Hi all,

I just noticed that each nslcd thread has its own connection to the LDAP server.
I am wondering if the default, 5, might be more than the typical client needs,
or if
anyone has experimented with reducing the number of threads to see how
performance
keeps up on busy clients?

My concern is that if an ldap server has many clients and each client has 5
connections
the number of available server connections could be exhausted more quickly than
expected
leading to DoS.

BTW, I have looked at idle_timelimit but for the sake of this question let's
ignore that
setting for now.

Thanks,
Chris