--disable-nslcd, nssov, and local user lookups

--disable-nslcd, nssov, and local user lookups

Hey folks,

Recently I've been looking into replacing nslcd with the nssov overlay in
OpenLDAP.  However, I have yet to figure out how to duplicate the
nss_initgroups_ignoreusers functionality.  I've come to view that feature as a
critical piece of the architecture, as it prevents NSS lookups for local users.
 This is critical in keeping services running smoothly on the system running
if/when the local slapd has problems or the network/upstream LDAP server
becomes unavailable prior to/during a query.  We keep system/daemon users out
of LDAP for this very reason.

Without it, daemonized services can grind to a halt as wait times skyrocket
(during unnecessary LDAP lookups for the local users) during the aforementioned
types of outages, due to the fact that lookups get stuck in a blocking wait
state and/or eventually time out trying to get an answer from LDAP.  Sure,
setting some low timeouts can help, but not having that option at our disposal
inevitably results in unnecessary wait times when such outages occur.

I'd be interested to hear what others do to solve this problem.

Cheers,
Ryan