Re: problem building 0.8.9

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 00:05 +0200, steve wrote:
> The doco says that it installs under /usr/local but I found nslcd in /sbin

The default prefix is / instead of /usr/local what the INSTALL says.
Since it is best to have the NSS and PAM modules available on the root
filesystem (mostly to prevent unmounting filesystems during shutdown)
this seems like a reasonable default.

This default actually came from nss_ldap.

The INSTALL file is actually a stock automake file. I could see if it
could be modified automatically to document the correct path.

> Where does the rest of the stuff go?

These are the files that are typically installed (on Linux, assuming
default configure flags):

/etc/nslcd.conf
/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2
/lib/security/pam_ldap.so