Re: reverse lookup

On 08/12/2012 11:22 PM, Arthur de Jong wrote:
On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 09:42 +0200, Marcus Moeller wrote:
I have noticed that after a LDAP Server has been discovered, a reverse
DNS lookup is done. Sadly, reverse DNS is misconfigured in our
environment, so is there a way to disable that feature?

This is something that the OpenLDAP library (and perhaps even something
underneath) does so it's not something that nss-pam-ldapd can do
anything about. I think it should only cause problems when using SSL/TLS
though.

The problem is, that after the LDAP server name is determined, the IP Address of the server is resolved.

Afterwards an reverse lookup is done on that address and the LDAP connection is going to be established against that result (which is wrong in our case).

Greets
Marcus