Re: Plans for implementing ppolicy?

FWIW, I still use an older version of nss-pam-ldapd on some of my Ubuntu
systems (package version 0.7.6-1 on Hardy & Lucid, which includes a few
backported changes, but certainly not as new ast 0.8.3) w/ ppolicy, and it
works just fine in terms of locking out users for password expiry, failed
consecutive logins, and so on.  Maybe I'm not understanding the issue you are
dealing with clearly?  We also have some newer systems that use nssov (which
uses nss-ldapd under the hood) if it's an option for you - we've gotten our
desired results from that setup as well.

--
Ryan Steele                                    ryans@aweber.com
Systems Administrator                          +1 215-825-2196 x758