nslcd and ubuntu 10.04

Greetings,

I was curious if anyone had written a guide or had (successful) experience getting ldap over ssl/tls working on ubuntu 10.04 using nslcd/libnss-ldapd.

I'm having trouble where nslcd starts failing to connect to the ldap server after a few hours. Restarting nslcd or simply "id"ing an ldap user fixes the issue temporarily. I've read that version 0.7.2 is known to be buggy, despite being the version in the ubuntu repos. I've installed 0.7.13 from the ubuntu 10.10 repos, but I'm still seeing failed connections in syslog. Recently I've adjusted the idle_timelimit to 1sec in nslcd.conf. Seems steady so far, but it's only been a few minutes (failed connections typically start within 2min).

I have about 100 servers to migrate from 8.04 to 10.04 early next year. So I'm looking for some advice/direction if anyone else has been in a similar situation and found a permanent fix.