Re: nss-pam-ldapd 0.8.11 integration issue with slapd/nssov on Solaris 10

On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 11:30 -0700, Ted Cheng wrote:
> I am integrating the latest nss-pam-ldapd 0.8.11 release with
> slapd/nssov. The Linux, specifically Ubuntu 11.10, part seems to work
> fine.
>
> On Solaris 10, however, slapd/nssov is experiencing communication
> error.

There are two known issues in 0.8.11 related to Solaris:

- the first is a stupid mistake on my part where a certain change was
  left out of a commit:
  http://arthurdejong.org/viewvc/nss-pam-ldapd?revision=1805&view=revision
- the second is a known problem that I haven't been able to track down
  when using nscd on Solaris:
  http://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/2012/msg00188.html

> gdb stepping shows that READ_TYPE()/tio_read() is failing:
>
> tio_read(...)
> {
>     if (tio_wait(fp,1,&deadline))
>       return -1;  --> failing
> }

Is the server-side failing or the client side? Do you know which request
is going on when it is failing?