Re: Upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8 having auth problems

Re: Upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8 having auth problems

On 11/20/2012 10:26 AM, Andy Colson wrote:

<SNIP>  This used to work ok on 0.7.  Is there
something that might have changed in 0.8 that might cause this?

Thanks for your time,

-Andy

according to this:

Failing that you can put this in nslcd.conf to avoid exposing password
hashes through nslcd:

map passwd userPassword "x"
map shadow userPassword "*"

(I'm thinking about making this the default in later releases of
nss-pam-ldapd)

Indeed that looks to be the case. When I run "getent passwd" or "getent shadow" all I get back are *'s. This is different from 0.7.

On the server, in slapd.conf I have:

access to attrs=userPassword
  by anonymous auth
  by users read
  by self write
  by * none

The "by users read" is required, otherwise nothing works. neither 0.7 or 0.8. I'm guessing its because Slackware doesn't use PAM? The login program is pulling the password back and comparing it? (as opposed to sending the password to openldap on the server for compare).

... so ... now what do I do?

-Andy