both nscd and nslcd needed?

Hi Arthur,

We are running ldap auth on our sftp server. The ldap server is on a
different server on the same internal network (this is HCC hobbynet
network). There are situations where we find that the nscd and/or nslcd
daemons on the sftp server are dead and nobody can login anymore.

Since we came from the nss-ldap service and now rely fully on your
nss-ldapd, we wonder if both daemons are needed. All config is in
nslcd.conf; we never touched the nscd.conf. Having overlapping configs
is confusing.

Egbert Jan