Re: Root denied login if networking down

Re: Root denied login if networking down

Hey Arthur, thanks for your reply!

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Arthur de Jong <arthur [at] arthurdejong.org> wrote:

> nss-pam-ldapd solves a few of the above problems by remembering the
> state of the LDAP server. If it is unavailable for a longer period of
> time (more than a few seconds) subsequent lookups will fail faster
> without locking your whole system.

"You’re god damn right" (Mister White)

After I increased the timeout on ssh, I was able to connect.

I'm using Centos 5 (without nss-pam-ldapd) and Centos 6 (running the awesome nslcd!)

Look the results:

$ date; time ssh vmcentos5 -l root whoami
Qui Fev 27 11:02:13 BRT 2014
Qui Fev 27 11:13:17 BRT 2014
root
real 11m0.654s

$ date; time ssh vmcentos6 -l root whoami
Qui Fev 27 12:07:39 BRT 2014
Qui Fev 27 12:08:02 BRT 2014
root
real 0m20.233s