Re: FreeBSD getpwuid_r issue

On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 16:28 +0200, Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> I've recently tried to implement nss-pam-ldapd 0.8.13 on FreeBSD 9.2.

Is this the version from ports or plain from source? If self-compiled,
which flags were used? What is the contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf?

> [I have no name!@cstor1 ~]$

This seems to happen if bash cannot lookup the username. From looking at
the source code it happens when getpwuid() fails or on some platforms
when getpwnam(getlogin()) fails.

> I do see some errors in debug.log:
>
> Mar  4 16:26:13 <user.debug> cstor1 bash: NSSWITCH(_nsdispatch): ldap,
> passwd, getpwuid_r, not found, and no fallback provided
> Mar  4 16:26:13 <user.debug> cstor1 bash: NSSWITCH(_nsdispatch): ldap,
> passwd, endpwent, not found, and no fallback provided

The only thing that I can think of is that bash is compiled differently
from other binaries (perhaps if compat is used in /etc/nsswitch.conf).

Sadly, I don't know too much about the FreeBSD NSS implementation.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --