Re: backport 0.9.3-1 to debian 7

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 14:27 +1000, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> 0.9.2-1 built under wheezy without modification.
> 0.9.3-1 wants python-pyasn1-modules, which isn't in wheezy.
>
> The options I see are:
>
>  1. backport pyasn1, too;
>  2. don't build the python bits (I don't use them); or
>  3. do nothing; keep 0.9.2-1 until jessie comes out.
>
> Since I don't see anything in the changelog that affects me,
> I intend to go with (3) unless I'm talked out of it.

The 0.9 series is still somewhat under development (not as active as I'd
like atm. due to circumstances but nonetheless) and as such not the most
stable version around.

That is also why it is uploaded to Debian experimental instead of
unstable (although it should mostly be ready for unstable at this
point).

The plan is to pick up development again shortly and ensure that 0.9 is
stabilised. I'd really like to get pynslcd in good enough shape to be
mostly feature complete.

If I recall correctly the Debian backports archive at least requires the
backported version to be in testing so an official backport seems to be
out.

If you want to backport a 0.9 version for yourself, it is best to use
the latest version and take out pynslcd. You have to make the following
modifications (untested):

  debian/rules:
    take out --enable-pynslcd
  debian/control:
    take out pynslcd section
    take out python-daemon, python-ldap, python-pyasn1,
    python-pyasn1-modules build dependencies

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --