Re: Login with sAMAccountName and/or userPrincipalName from Active Directory

On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 16:10 +0000, Vinícius Ferrão wrote:
> I'm trying to setup authentication from Active Directory in FreeBSD
> 10.0 using nslcd (nss-pam-ldapd-sasl package) and would like to allow
> both sAMAccountName and userPrincipalName as valid login attributes in
> the server.

While the nss-pam-ldapd PAM functionality in general could allow logging
in with something else than the *nix username (there is a mechanism to
change username)the PAM stack and applications handling logins generally
first do a username lookup to see if it exists before it hits pam_ldap.

Also, nslcd currently only allows one attribute for the username field.

I have also tried before to set up logins with people's full name and
map it to their username but haven't succeeded (that was on Linux
though, not FreeBSD).

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --