Re: Question regarding install of nss-pam-ldapd-0.7.19

On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 15:28 +0300, Mindaugas B wrote:

> does anybody know what needs to be installed additionally?
>
> I receive error that file is missing when run configure.
> ..
> checking for pam_syslog... yes
> checking lber.h usability... no
> checking lber.h presence... no
> checking for lber.h... no
> checking for ldap.h... no
> configure: error: could not locate <ldap.h>
>
> I need to use it on Ubuntu 10.04

On Ubuntu you need libldap2-dev and build-essential (for common tools
for building from source). Depending on your needs you could also
install libkrb5-dev and libsasl2-dev.

By the way 0.7 is rather old. Depending on your needs 0.8.14 is probably
better and should work equally well (same build requirements). There are
a number of useful new features (see NEWS file).

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --