Re: How can i filter specific users from querying ldap server?

Mindaugas B wrote:
> I have user named "test1" (uid=1001). I'm trying to configure NSS or nslcd
> so that "id test1" and similar queries would not send requests to LDAP
> server at all.
>
> Is it possible?

Only if you duplicate the user in some other database (e.g. /etc/passwd).
Perhaps you want unscd / nscd, so that LDAP lookups are cached for a while.
IIRC when I deployed it I saw about a thousandfold reduction in traffic on the
LDAP server.