Re: ipHostNumber mixed IPv4/v6 use case

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 13:07 +0100, Simon Bin wrote:
> I'm having some little trouble with multiple ipHostNumbers on a
> single host. As soon as I add one IPv4 and one IPv6 the getent hosts
> command cannot complete nor produce any results for the host. Any
> thoughts?
>
> Tested with 0.9.4-3 from Debian packaging. Seems to be working fine
> in 0.8.13-3ubuntu1.

I can't reproduce this in my test environment with the latest code from
the 0.9 branch. Can you post output from nslcd -d while performing this
query? Also running
  strace getent hosts HOSTNAME
might provide more information on why getent is hanging.

Hostname resolution is a complicated beast that is influenced by
configuration in half a dozen files. Can you provide /etc/nswitch.conf,
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nslcd.conf? Is (u)nscd running?

There was a fix in the NSS module in 0.9.5 related to handling of IPv6
addresses, see:
http://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/2015/msg00000.html

If you are running Debian I suggest you file a bug in the BTS so this
can be tracked there.

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --