Bad Password Attempts

We have Linux machines connecting to Active Directory through nss-pam-ldapd and
its working great!
However, we use "uri DNS:example.com" for DC resolution instead of hard coding
the names in nslcd.conf. Every time a user types in a bad password, it seems to
send the request to all of our DCs, which increments the bad password count
attribute by the number of DCs. Is there a flag we can set or a config change
that we can make so that we still get redundancy in case one of the DCs is down,
but after one DC responds with a failed attempt, we don't ask all the others?

Thanks,
Zane Zakraisek