Re: Go implementation of nslcd

On Wed, 2016-07-13 at 22:21 -0400, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> Well, kind of.  Only the nslcd-protocol side, not the LDAP side.

Thanks for providing this. I was going to look into Go at some point so
this may be a goot starter.

> I've generally found that if you need to write a custom
> authentication
> "plug-in" for something, the easiest thing to do is to grab the LDAP
> "plug-in", and gut the LDAP code, replacing it with your stuff.

You can compile nss-pam-ldapd with the --with-module-name option to use
a different name so you could easily build libnss_foobar.so.2 NSS
and pam_foobar.so PAM modules. Using --with-nslcd-socket you could even
have both the "normal" nslcd running and a custom one.

If there is anything that can be improved to nss-pam-ldapd to make that
use case more easy, please let me know. I have heard of at least a few
cases where this is done.

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --