nss_initgroups_ignoreuser not working as expected. Are my expectations incorrect?

nss_initgroups_ignoreuser not working as expected. Are my expectations incorrect?

CentOS 6.8 running nss-pam-ldapd-0.7.5-32.el6.x86_64

While working on troubleshooting an LDAP auth issue on one of our servers I noticed that the server was making calls to LDAP for local users.  I have this in my nslcd.conf file:

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers ALLLOCAL

I was under the impression that this means that for any local users, there should not be any communication needed to the LDAP server?  Is that not correct?  I tried changing ALLLOCAL to the specific local user that I’m testing with and it didn’t change anything, the query to the LDAP server was still made.  I’ve come across many other posts online asking this same thing but none seem to have any answers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Finn
Systems Engineer - Linux/MySQL
PlanSource  – One Source. Many Benefits.

Cell: 530-386-2618
Work: 801-869-2844
What I Stand For: Engineering Solutions

This email may contain confidential or protected material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.