Re: nslcd cannot use group

On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 18:42 +0100, Patrik Laszlo wrote:
> Do you know where to put it? Please, and thanks.
> Problem:
> addgroup www-data patrikx3
> Adding user `www-data' to group `patrikx3' ...
> gpasswd: group 'patrikx3' does not exist in /etc/group
> addgroup: `/usr/bin/gpasswd -a www-data patrikx3' returned error code 3.
> Exiting.

The addgroup command only supports modifying /etc/group and not groups
that are stored in LDAP. You need to use the ldapmodify command with an
LDIF file or other tools to modify the information in LDAP.

Another thing to note is that if you want to add local users to LDAP
groups, you can only use the memberUid attribute (not the member
attribute because it has to refer to an LDAP DN). Since you have group
queries mapped to users and have the memberUid attribute mapped to
sAMAccountName this will not really work.

If you want to add LDAP users to local groups you may need to modify
/etc/group manually as I'm not sure addgroup supports adding users that
are not in /etc/passwd.

Hope this helps,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - https://arthurdejong.org/ --