Forced password changes and other PAM modules using passwords

Forced password changes and other PAM modules using passwords

Hi,

I have a setup where client computers run Debian Jessie and use:

- libpam-ldapd for authentication
- libpam-mount to mount a remote home directory through sshfs, using the login password entered by the user. The remote server uses the same ldap server for authentication.

Works in principle.

But now I would like to force users to change their password on first login.
If I set a user's account to shadowLastChange to 0 and shadowMax to 10000, the user indeed gets prompted to change his password.
However in that case mounting the home directory afterwards fails.
I think this is caused by libpam-mount still trying to use the old password to login, and not the new password entered.

Is there any way to make libpam-ldapd pass the new password through to PAM modules that come after it?

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos