Help required regarding nss-pam-ldap

Hi All,

I am just a beginner to world of nss-pam-ldap, recently I was hitting failure where on ldap client the authentication started fail. When I started to debug more I could see the request where failing with "Invalid credentials". Later I noticed the user on the LDAP server did not had read permission on his own record. When checked with history this behavior used to work with open-ldap client. Kindly help me to understand was it done with any intention or is it just my misconception. Any help here is very much appreciated.

--
Regards

Manjunatha Thejaswi