Re: cannot find name for group ID on all groups

Re: cannot find name for group ID on all groups

Whoops - wrong keyboard combo.

I've configured nss-pam-ldapd in an Ubuntu 16.04 environment using the libnss-ldapd and libpam-ldapd packages to authenticate against our Active Directory.

Everything is working as expected, apart from groups:
$ groups tfarrow
tfarrow : users groups: cannot find name for group ID 1708
1708 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1686
1686 groups: cannot find name for group ID 2894
2894 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1689
1689 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1836
1836 groups: cannot find name for group ID 2913
2913 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1376
1376 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1393
1393 groups: cannot find name for group ID 1878

This also occurs on login.

getent group shows there to be not much of a problem.

Core Platforms Group:*:2894:tfarrow<andsomeotherusers>

Am I missing some piece of configuration? nsswitch.conf looks like this:

passwd:         compat ldap
group:          files ldap
shadow:         compat ldap
gshadow:        files ldap
hosts:          files dns
networks:       files
protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files
netgroup:       nis

I appreciate any help in advance

Kind Regards
Tom

Tom Farrow

Technical Engineering

tom.farrow@first-utility.com

first-utility.com

Columbus House, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park

Coventry, CV4 8HS

Please visit First-Utility.com/email_disclaimer for an important electronic email disclaimer