Re: pam_unix succeeds unexpectedly with libnss-ldapd

Re: pam_unix succeeds unexpectedly with libnss-ldapd

> The most obvious thing I notice is that you're using pam_listfile in account,
> not auth.
> This is contrary to the pam_listfile manpage examples.

Fair enough, but the manpage does indicate that "all modules types are
provided." Moreover, my config works with libnss-ldap, but not libnss-ldapd.
It's a little complicated since I want to support both regular unix logins
(i.e. for user not listed in /etc/login.group.allowed) and LDAP based logins,
but only for the listed users.

Putting the listfile module into common-auth works, but not identically. In
particular, it continually prompts the user for their password rather than
responding with 'Authentication failed' as my current config does.