Re: sshd repeated polling for non-local uidNumber?

Re: sshd repeated polling for non-local uidNumber?

Dave,

If you install unscd (or nscd) as Arthur suggested,
you should see about 95% reduction in queries to the LDAP server.

(u)nscd adds caching to NSS queries -- in this case, LDAP queries.

nscd is configured in /etc/nscd.conf, if you need to tweak the timeouts.
This is similar to SOA records in DNS, if you're familiar with those.