Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: "Genet group" returns empty list of group member

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: "Genet group" returns empty list of group member

Dear Arthur,

Really appreciate your expertise! Your suggestion indeed works!

I will keep this email in my file

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shouben Zhou
Science Systems and Applications Inc.(SSAI)
1 Enterprise Pkwy, Hampton, VA 23666
Tel: (757)951-1905  Fax: (757)951-1900
Email: Shouben.Zhou@nasa.gov

On 11/20/21, 7:08 AM, "Arthur de Jong" <arthur@arthurdejong.org> wrote:

    On Thu, 2021-11-18 at 19:39 +0000, Zhou, Shouben wrote:
    > I have found only nss-pam-ldapd version 0.7.5 works under CentOS 7,
    > meaning it will return the list of group member using “getent group”.
    > So I have down graded nss-pam-ldapd to 0.7.5 on CentOS 7.
    > The default nss-pam-ldapd version cmes with CentOS is 0.8.13

    This is most likely related to the switch of how group members are
    looked up. Release 0.8.4 switched to using the member attribute instead
    of the uniqueMember by default.

    To restore the old behaviour you can put this in nslcd.conf:

        map group member uniqueMember

    Hope this helps

    --
    -- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - https://arthurdejong.org/ --