nslcd and pam_ldap.so: Anonymous access is not allowed

nslcd and pam_ldap.so: Anonymous access is not allowed

Hi,

I am running nslcd in an embedded linux architecture. I have a user in a remote LDAP server, and I am able to do a simple bind to that ldap user successfully. When I try to authenticat the ldap user in my application using pam_ldap.so module, the authentication always fails, and the following message is registered to the syslog:

daemon.err nslcd[140]: [495cff] <authc="test"> ldap_result() failed: Inappropriate authentication: Anonymous access is not allowed.
authpriv.err pam_test_ppc: pam_ldap(check_user:auth): error reading from nslcd: Connection reset by peer

Have anyone experienced this issue? What can be the cause?

In my nslcd.conf I have something like the following:

uid 0
gid 0
uri ldap://192.168.30.1/
base cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=labsecurity,dc=local

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards.

Andrea