Re: [nssldap] nss netgroup host support in linux

Re: [nssldap] nss netgroup host support in linux

Hi Julie,

> I'm migrating my solaris yp installation to openldap, and its
> nearly complete, except I cannot use host membership checking in
> the nfs exports file (/etc/exports on RHEL4/5) with ldap netgroups.
That works well with both RHEL 4 and 5. You're ldif file sounds correct.

> bdb_dn2entry("nisMapName=auto.misc,dc=berkeley,dc=edu")

Are you sure, that you're problem is related to netgroup? The slapd trace
sounds more like problems with the automounter maps. I had some hassle with
automounter Maps under LDAP (also to find a working configuration with both
RHEL 4/5). Try to mount per "hand" with the mount command to verify that.

My experiences with SL4/5 (free clone of RHEL):

Don't use NISMapName objectClass, instead use automount and automountMap
ObjectClasses. Also don't use the updated autofs from  4.5, it is complete
scrap! The 4.4 version and the RHEL 5 version work both well.

You will need the following entries in /etc/sysconfig/autofs to get it running
under RHEL5:

DEFAULT_MAP_OBJECT_CLASS="automountMap"
DEFAULT_ENTRY_OBJECT_CLASS="automount"
DEFAULT_ENTRY_ATTRIBUTE="cn"
DEFAULT_VALUE_ATTRIBUTE="automountInformation"

probably also:

DEFAULT_MAP_ATTRIBUTE="cn"

Sincerly,
Klaus Steinberger

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany