[nssldap] Speeding up logins - Groups

We are running a openldap server and have noticed that when users
are members of a lot of groups and try to authenticate to a ldap enabled
system the authentication process is slow.  If we comment out the
"nss_base_group          ou=Group,o=xxx.com?one" line in their ldap.conf
file the process is very fast, but group information is not passed to
the system.  Is it possible to add a search string to the end of the
"nss_base_group" directive to help speed things up? Or maybe add a
nss_map_attribute to help?