Re: [nssldap] Segmentation Faults for Ldap Accounts

Re: [nssldap] Segmentation Faults for Ldap Accounts

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Jim Summers wrote:

I found the debug parameter in ldap.conf and set it to 1. Now when I run commands I can see what is happening. The interesting part is that if I run an 'id' command the output from both machines mathces. But if I run the brightq program I see different debug. For example:
Here is the debug from the Fedora 8 running the codehost-config command:
===========
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap1)
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap1)
ldap_simple_bind
ldap_sasl_bind
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection 1 1 0
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: TCP ldap1:636
ldap_new_socket: 4
ldap_prepare_socket: 4
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 192.10.10.13:636
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 4 tm: 30 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 4
ldap_is_sock_ready: 4
ldap_ndelay_off: 4
===========
and at this point the segfault happens.

Here it is from the FC6 and the command works:

ldap_createldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap1)
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap1)
ldap_simple_bind
ldap_sasl_bind
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection 1 1 0
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: TCP ldap1:636
ldap_new_socket: 4
ldap_prepare_socket: 4
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 192.10.10.13:636
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 4 tm: 30 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 4
ldap_is_sock_ready: 4
ldap_ndelay_off: 4
TLS trace: SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
TLS certificate verification: depth: 1, err: 19, subject: /CN=CAcert, issuer: /CN=CAcert TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate in certificate chain
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read finished A
ldap_open_defconn: successful
ldap_send_server_request

The output from the id commands on either system matches.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Use the ldd command on your brightq binary and on your libnss_ldap.so library. See if they are referencing different versions of the SSL libraries. This smells like a library mismatch problem to me.

        Andy