Re: [nssldap] Failed to bind to LDAP server - Can't contact LDAP server only on certain programs

Re: [nssldap] Failed to bind to LDAP server - Can't contact LDAP server only on certain programs

Hi Larry, I' ve seen this behaviour if the program calling nss_ldap is linked with a different ldap-library as nss_ldap has been linked with.

If the programm is running do a 'pmap <pid_of_process>' and check if 2 different ldap libraries have been loaded.

If you can not use LD_PRELOAD and you can not link nss_ldap with the same ldap lib I feare you're out of luck.

I'm facing a similar issue with Solaris 10u5. The first call 'crashed' nscd and then the process is dynamically loading nss_ldap which has been linked to libldap.so.5 but the process calling 'getXbyY has been linked to libldap.so.5

-Bernhard

Larry Low schrieb:
I have this odd problem I've never been able to track down.  I use nss_ldap for
passwd, shadow, and group and it works correctly nearly all the time.  I only
have problems with one perl application which always triggers this.  The
program in question is Smokeping.

perl: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://x.x.x.x:636: Can't
contact LDAP server
perl: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server (sleeping 8 seconds)...
perl: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://x.x.x.x:636: Can't
contact LDAP server
perl: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server (sleeping 16 seconds)...
perl: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://x.x.x.x:636: Can't
contact LDAP server
perl: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server (sleeping 32 seconds)...
perl: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://x.x.x.x:636: Can't
contact LDAP server
perl: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server (sleeping 64 seconds)...
perl: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://x.x.x.x:636: Can't
contact LDAP server
perl: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable

Any suggestions on where to debug?  After the last timeout the application will
finally work.

---
Larry Low