Re: [nssldap] fetching user details from a ldap entry which consists of an objectClass other than posixAccount

On Monday 06 April 2009 15:04:09 amaramrahul wrote:
> I am using libnss-ldap in Debian Lenny. My LDAP user account entry does not
> contain the objectClass posixAccount. Instead it belongs to another
> objectClass sCSPerson. Adding both the object classes to the user account
> entry is not an option.

Since posixAccount is an auxiliary objectclass, this should really not be a
problem ...

> I would like to know the configuration parameter to
> be used in libnss-ldap.conf so that the user details are fetched from the
> entries whose objectClass is sCSPerson rather than posixAccount. I have
> tried the below configuration parameter but it does not work:
>
> nss_base_passwd     ou=People,dc=synovel,dc=com?sub?objectClass=sCSPerson
>
> Are there any other means of achieving the same?

Please see the nss_map_objectclass option, documented in the nss_ldap(5) man
page in recent releases of nss_ldap.

Regards,
Buchan