Re: [nssldap] wireshark shows successful ldap searches, but no nss or pam stuff works

Re: [nssldap] wireshark shows successful ldap searches, but no nss or pam stuff works

philoertel a écrit :
I'm at wit's end. I'm trying to set up pam on my Debian 4.1.2 box to
authenticate people against our AD server. But I've broken everything. I can
ssh and su as root. ssh as my regular user (who's both in ldap and
/etc/passwd) just hangs. ssh or su as any user in ldap but not in
/etc/passwd errors: "unknown id: test". getent passwd shows only users in
/etc/passwd. id root works, id poertel (me) hangs, and id <ldap-user> fails
with id: <ldap-user>: No such user. libnss-ldap is installed, and strace
shows su is checking nss, or at least it's opening the config files.
Not really what you expect, but:
- why do you have users both in local (/etc/passwd) and remote (ldap) databases ? - are you sure AD has enough informations to be used as a Unix account database ? More specifically, I don't think there is anything as gid and uid there...

--
BOFH excuse #92:

Stale file handle (next time use Tupperware(tm)!)