RE: [nssldap] Re: Re: disconnected nss_ldap

RE: [nssldap] Re: Re: disconnected nss_ldap

Hi Ryan,

                Howard,

                On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:24, Howard Wilkinson
<howard@cohtech.com> wrote:
                > If anybody who understands the nsswitch internals can confirm
which is the correct response I will patch the nss_ldap library (I have half a
patch already) and try this out.

                I'm in a position to test patches for this, even if they're a
bit
                rough--I have a couple of throwaway VMs specifically intended
for
                this. Feel free to send anything you have, I'd love to see this
issue
                resolved, soon.

I am working on this now and hope to have something out today. The internals of
nss_ldap are a bit of mess in this area, but I think I have a handle on it.

                Also, will your patch for this issue sit on top of your "mega"
patch,
                or on the unpatched PADL tree?

                -Ryan

This will have to go on the top of the mega patch as the original code is even
worse in this area..... ;-(

Howard.