[nssldap] Re: disconnected nss_ldap

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 19:59 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> What can I do to help narrow this down?

OK.  Some debugging in nscd reveals that the problem lies in that the
only error value that nscd is allowing for the "unreachable server" case
is EAGAIN.  However, in my case (at least), where I am blocking the LDAP
server with iptables configured to send back TCP RST, the error value is
ENOTCONN and when I tell nscd that ENOTCONN is a vaild error for the
"unreachable" case, nscd seems to hold on to the entries it had before
the LDAP server became unreachable.

More time will tell for sure.

b.