[nssldap] Re: nss ldap under RHEL 5 does first connects configured ldap server and than does dns lookup and tries to connect random ldap servers

[nssldap] Re: nss ldap under RHEL 5 does first connects configured ldap server and than does dns lookup and tries to connect random ldap servers

Hello,

>         DomainDnsZones.ww004.glanzmann.net

> And tries to connect these servers which results into a hang because there is
> firewall in place which makes it impossible to connect the machines. Is there
> way to get rid of this annoying behaviour using a configuration option or do I
> have to rebuild nss ldap?

this works, but doesn't give me a chance to use redundant ldap servers:

echo "157.163.212.208 DomainDnsZones.ww004.glanzmann.net" >> /etc/hosts

I hope there is another way. While reading the code, my understanding is
that it only tries to do the lookup if it doesn't have an uri or host
entry. I also tried to modify my host directive into a uri, but the same
problem occurs.

        Thomas