Re: [nssldap] Possible bug in nss_ldap v253 using SSL ?

Re: [nssldap] Possible bug in nss_ldap v253 using SSL ?

Isn't the host directive deprecated in favor of URI anyway?

Thanks,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP

Christopher Smith wrote:
This is happening on a new CentOS 5 machine, with the "nss_ldap-253-3" package. In summary, it appears nss_ldap is both not automatically using the correct port when configured with 'ssl on' *AND* ignoring the 'port' directive in /etc/ldap.conf when it is specified directly.

If I try 'getent passwd' with:
host pdc01.nighthawkrad.net
ssl on

It doesn't work. Further, tcpdump shows the machine trying to contact my AD server on port 389 - LDAP w/o SSL.

(This configuration works fine with CentOS 4.4 and its "nss_ldap-226-17", I have several machines using it.)

If I try 'getent passwd' with:
host pdc01.nighthawkrad.net
ssl on
port 636

It still doesn't work and tcpdump also shows the machine trying to contact the AD server via port 389.

Finally, if 'getent passwd' with:
uri ldaps://an.ad.server/
ssl on

It works as expected (ie: I get a list of user account details). Tcpdump shows port 636 being used, as it should be.